Monday, January 17, 2011

Miranda Kerr

She's a role model to so many girls, but for me, it's not because she has the most amazing body ever, or because she has such a great job, it's because of her life style, and the way she chooses to make her job help others. You may not know that Miranda leads an extremely healthy, and organic lifestyle in everything she does. I recently finished reading her book Treasure Yourself. It was a book written for girls my age to help them learn about their bodies and having a healthier lifestyle. It is by no means a diet book, but a book about how beautiful a girl is by being content with her body and having a positive aura radiating from within. I love her outlook on life, and her thoughts on controlling any situation. The book is full of affirmations, declarations of truth, that you repeat to yourself that soon guide your way of life. By reading the book, I feel like my life has already changed in small ways for the better. You don't always have to be a ray of sunshine, but I feel like I have a new way to look at bad situations, and better ways to handle them, that will benefit me in the long run. I believe her thoughts on connecting with nature, and listening to your emotions can completely change a person, as I have experienced with myself. I couldn't recommend this book enough. If you ever feel down on yourself, or need a pick-me-up, there isn't a better place to turn.
“It’s about encouraging young women to embrace their individuality. You may think it’s easy for me to say, but we all have insecurities. It’s important, as women, to get past all of that and let our talents shine."

No comments:

Post a Comment