Thursday, November 11, 2010

keep calm and carry on

I know it's absolutely ridiculous, but sometimes I feel like I'm going through some sort of mid-life crisis. I freak out and feel like everything is going by too fast, like I'm wishing my life away. It's hard to explain, but one weekend will happen, then it's Monday again. I feel like I'm just moving robotically to get to Friday, but meanwhile I've tuned out of a week of my life. It's a vicious cycle that won't end until summer. Then summer comes, and I've been waiting so long for this, but an entire school year has gone by. I remember being in middle school and thinking everything would finally be better when I got to high school. Now I'm in high school, and I feel like I'll finally be content when I graduate. What happens after that though? Will I always be waiting for something bigger and better? I look back, and the last two and half years of my life are a blur. I hope I can learn to live in the moment, and soak everything in. 'Cause if I don't, I know one day I'll regret it. If only time could pause, so I can catch my breath.


"I hope this old train breaks down, then I could take a walk around. See what there is to see, and time is just a melody." - Jack Johsnon (I need to learn from him...)




No comments:

Post a Comment